Trieste is one of the most interesting Italian cities. Mix of Italian, Austro-Hungarian and Slovenian culture makes the city very special. You will feel it everywhere – from Trieste architecture till its food traditions.
I live here from 2016 and I love a lot this quiet and diverse city. I like to drop in one of its bar to drink fresh-brewed coffee, to stroll through its streets or near the sea. However, most of all I like its nature and variety of hiking trails. If you are passion about hiking or just like to make long outdoor walks, Triste is the right place for you.
If you are in Trieste and look for some nice places to hike.
On my blog, I share my impressions and useful advices about hiking routes I do with my family and friends. In most cases, it is one-day routes of different distance and difficulty. But even long distance walks you can make as a day trip from Trieste, without rush, enjoying the nature, having a good lunch or a glass of wine with antipasti (Italian appetizers).
- One-day routs, located near Trieste that does not require availability of car
- Hiking routes in neighboring Slovenia
- Walks in other unique places of our Friuli-Venezia Giulia region
If you are curious about life in Trieste.
Living in Trieste, I do short notes about its interesting places worth to visit to feel special atmosphere of the city and join in the local life:
- Trieste coffee culture and places I would recommend to drop in
- Ice cream shops – Gelateria – offering delicious gelato (ice cream)
- What to do in Trieste in different seasons
- Restaurants and pizzeria where you can try good food
- Walks around Trieste to discover its hidden, non-touristic places
- Some nice traditions, like visiting Osmiza.