Today I’d like to share with you my impressions about Osteria Belvedere we discovered about one year ago, making this walk. The restaurant is located in Muggia – the nearby city of Trieste. It is positioning as fish restaurant specialized in Trieste and Muggia cuisine, but menu offers also meat dishes.
- By car. GPS: 45.5996172N, 13.7503117E
- from Railway station (it. Stazione ferroviaria) or from piazza Oberdan which is located in the center of the city. Your destination – Muggia bus terminal (final stop).
If you choose the bus, here you can read about how to reach Osteria Belvedere from Muggia bus terminal, walking through the nice path 🙂
- It is good and not expensive fish restaurant. Below you can find the information about average prices.
- Non-touristic place.
- Amazing view over the gulf of Trieste from a nice terrace.
My picture is not so nice, but you can visit Osteria website to appreciate the terrace and the view 🙂
About Food and Wine
As the restaurant specializes in fish, try something from fish dishes or seafood. All dishes are well cooked and tasty: dorado, mackerel, squid.
I would recommend to order marinated sardines (it.: ) or sardines coat with flour sardines (it.: ). Also is good: mix of fried fish and seafood.
If you are not big fan of fish, there are also meat dishes in the menu. For instance, traditional Balkan dish – long meatballs served with ajvar – pepper–based condiment. The sauce has mild flavor, not spicy. I personally like it a lot 🙂
Osteria has big variety of good wine. I would recommend to try local ones: Tocai, Ribolla or Refosco.
Prices and Menu Speedy Fish
- average price for the main fish dish will be around 11-12 Euro;
- av. price for antipasti (starter fish dishes) is 9 Euro;
- av. price for the main meat dish is 10 Euro.
This is what I especially like about this restaurant 🙂
Osteria offers the menu with already selected dishes that includes antipasti (eng. starter), main dish with side dish, a glass of homemade wine and a water. The price is very attractive – 14 Euro for everything.
If you prefer meat, there is also Menu Speedy Meat for 12 Euro.
The menu is valid only for the lunchtime from Thursday till Saturday.
And finally some important information about Open hours
So, if you are convinced to visit Osteria Belvedere 🙂 bear in mind two important things:
- the restaurant is closed on Monday;
- as in many Italian restaurants the kitchen has its own schedule: it is opened from 12.00 till 14.00 and from 19.00 till 22.00
Certainly, it’s always better to control the schedule on the official Osteria webpage
Hope, you will find this information useful and will enjoy the Osteria 🙂 Your comments and questions are always welcome 🙂